Bottle Gourd has multiple health benefits, few of them are:
- Bottle gourd is rich in dietary fibre, both, soluble and insoluble. Hence, it helps in curing constipation, flatulence and even piles. It is also easy to digest.
- It promotes weight loss. The vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre in lauki keep the body well-nourished and curb unnecessary appetite, especially if you drink its juice in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Its fat and cholesterol content is extremely low.
- It consists of approximately 96% of water and is therefore a great thirst quencher. It also prevents fatigue and keeps the body cool and refreshed during summers.
- Apart from the iron content it is also rich in vitamin B and C, and helps in anti-oxidative actions.
- It also contains sodium, potassium, essential minerals and trace elements, which regulate blood pressure and prevent the risk of heart ailments.
- High in sodium and potassium, bottle gourd is also an excellent vegetable for people with hypertension.
- It is a suitable vegetable for light, low-calorie diets as well as for children, people with digestive problems, diabetics and those recovering from an illness or injury.
- Bottle gourd is recommended by Ayurveda physicians for balancing the liver function, when the liver is inflamed and unable to process food efficiently for nutrition and assimilation.
Bottle gourd juice is widely used for weight loss. … “Fiber is the key to weight loss. Bottle gourd contains less calories with no fat. It also contains essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Iron, Folate,
Benefits of Bottle Gourd Juice:
Bottle Gourd Juice has a lot of health benefits such as:
- Drinking a glass of bottle gourd juice in the morning helps in treating grey hair.
- Mixing the juice with sesame oil provides an effective medicine for insomnia. Massage the scalp with this preparation every night.
- Bottle gourd juice is very helpful in treating insanity, epilepsy, stomach acidity, indigestion, ulcers and other nervous diseases.
- The bitter variety of calabash gourd is considered as a cardiac tonic, an antidote for poisoning and a tonic for alleviating bronchitis, cough, asthma, and biligenic infections.
- A glass of bottle gourd juice, mixed with a little salt, helps in preventing excessive loss of sodium from the body.
- Bottle Gourd Juice acts as an alkaline mixture which relieves burning sensation in the urinary passage.
- The juice extracted from the leaves of bottle gourd is beneficial in jaundice.